Now let's expand into more spacious possibilities!
1. Have you had moments of grace when things have simply fallen into place without your orchestration or when you've experienced synchronicity, serendipity or just plain magic? I’ll bet you have. What would it be like to live in the expectancy of that kind of ease, flow and grace?
2. When you soften, allow and relax, space opens up. That means there's more space for things to flow - including grace!
Close your eyes and scan your body, bringing awareness toany places that might be tight, clenched or gripped. Take your time; feel into your belly, your shoulders, your hands, your jaw, and definitely your breath. These are common areas where people tense and tighten without even knowing it.
If you notice any areas of physical tension or holding (places in your body where you’ve forgotten how to let go), meet yourself where you are. Don’t try to change what is, just soften into it, be attentive to what you're feeling, and be there.
When you can acknowledge, accept and allow, without making wrong or trying to fix, paradoxically - things can start to move.
What do you notice now? Is there more inner space or less now? How does it feel?
3. How do you fill the spaces in your life? When you wake up in the morning, do you jump right into your day? What if you paused for a moment and deliberately aligned yourself with how you want to feel as you begin this fresh new day?
What about when you're waiting? Do you spend that time grousing about having to wait, or do you consciously use the time to think of things that feel good, jazz you up, and make you smile?
Life provides us with so much space. How are you filling yours?
4. You create space in your body when you accept what you're feeling without making it wrong and get interested in the sensations of that feeling rather than any story about it. This allows emotional energy to move and rise and helps expand you into the fullness of all that you are.
You create space in your head when you acknowledge the thought/belief/assumption/story that is present, question if it's pointing you where you want to go, and then choose differently if it's not.This expands you into the full potential of your creative essence.
When you show up for any experience and take even one single moment to acknowledged it exactly as it is, without needing to change it, you've already created space.
Becoming more deliberate and purposeful about how you fill your inner space changes everything. How will you choose today?
5. When you talk with others, do you really listen? So often we fill the space in our own heads with rebuttals and responses rather than really showing up and being withthe other person. And as we all know - not much productive happens in those conversations; there's no room for anything new to arise.
As it becomes easier to be present with ourselves, it becomes easier to be present with others. Magic unfolds in the spaciousness of interactions where people are open, interested and curious about what the other has to say and not focused on making the other person wrong or trying to fix them.
If you anticipate a challenging interaction, don't show up with specific expectations of what needs to happen. Show up instead with the expectancy that something larger than both of you can enter and open a way forward when you create space for it.
Intend to experience more magic in your relationships! Tend to yourself first so you can be there with another.
6. Inner guidance and direction is always available, but it’s easier to recognize when the mind is quiet. Giving yourself time to pause and connect – whether you call it meditation, mindfully folding laundry, appreciating a flower or gazing at the moon – creates inner space and makes guidance and inspiration easier to hear.
Right now, soften: notice what’s going on inside you. Breathe: connect to the steady rhythm of you. Expand: notice what’s happening around you. Allow your awareness of inner and outer to dance, play and merge into this I AM moment.
7. The next time your inner world feels completely crunched, cluttered or stuck, notice what happens when you take a moment, drop your center of gravity from your head (thinking) to your body (being) andtune in to something outside you:a pet, a tree, some music, your lunch. Hand on heart, really take it in. Acknowledge, appreciate and make space for itto be.
Then notice what’s changed in you. Is there more space or less? More flow or less?
Energy wants to flow! When you open this energetic loop with something outside you, you open space so stuck and stagnant thoughts and energy can move and new insights, inspiration and grace can come in.
8.When was the last time you spent time outside at night, simply contemplating the night sky? How does it feel in your body when you let yourself expand into that infinite possibility? There’s a lot of space out there!
10. Your relationship with yourself is the cornerstone of every relationship you have - with other people, with nature and the planet, and with the Divine (whatever that may mean to you). The motivation for this program was to provide some tools and practices that could invite you to deepen into that relationship and experience the profound freedom and peace available when you touch into your essence.
At your essence, you are the spacious presence that thoughts and feelings flow through. Your warmth,awareness, acceptance and curiosity - the qualities of yourinner presence- are what you are, at your essence. As you bring them alive, you naturally expand into the larger truth of who and what you are.
But this is just the beginning. Grace flows into the world through you, through the spaciousness of your presence. And the world needs a little grace right now.